Frame and Fork
CL+ 240 Carbon
105Nm BB stiffness
Full Carbon Monocoque Fork 1 1/4” - 1 1/8”
Shimano 105 Compact Silver
Fulcrum Racing 7 Black with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro
FSA Team Issue Seat Post and Stem
FSA Wing Compact Bar
Prologo Kappa Dea Saddle
Sizes (Female sloping)
40, 43, 46 cm
• Women’s Performance geometry which delivers improved rider comfort and endurance
• Advanced Composite Design with 24 High Modulus Carbon Fiber
• Full Carbon Fork, legs, steerer and crown, with aero profiling
• Uni-directional carbon outer layer
• Carbon Laminate + technology with dedicated lay-up. Strength and comfort requirements are taken into account for each area of the frame and fork when the carbon lay-up is designed.
• Optimized Structural Reinforcement processes within the design ensure lightweight and durability.
• Comfort Seat Stay Design
• Optimal Power Transfer thanks to specific BB and chainstay design
• Oversized head tube increases steering confidence.
• Oversized bottom bracket for excellent power transfer
• Strength to Weight Ratio (Nm/°/kg) 105, tailored especially for endurance riding
CL + // Carbon Laminate +
Carbon fiber bikes are made using sheets of carbon fiber, and these are built up in layers one on top of the other. The Carbon Laminate+process, developed by and for Eddy Merckx cycles, assemble the sheets together in ways that maximise the strength and rigidity of the resulting frame. The result? Optimized performance, comfort and weight.
Frame Stiffness to Weight Ratios produced by the CL+ System
CL + 620 // 130Nm/o/kg // EMX-7
CL + 500 // 125Nm/o/kg // EMX-5
CL + 300 // 115Nm/o/kg // EMX-3
CL + 240 // 105Nm/o/kg // EMX-1
OSR // Optimized Structural Reinforcement
Advanced high modular stiffness fibers are used in combination with high-strength fibers to achieve unparalleled performance. They are used in different strategic areas of the bike, as and when required. The front fork for example needs both for optimum weight reduction and improved stiffness and feel.
FRG // Female Race Geometry
Eddy Merckx cycles is above all a manufacturer of racing bikes, and Eddy is the champion of racing bike geometry. It was normal therefore that the company should design a real racing bike for women. It means that the angle of the seat tube is kept as close to a proper racing angle as possible, and so the top tube is made shorter, and the front head tube is made larger. It’s more adapted to women’s body morphologies and much more comfortable to ride.
A FRAME FOR LIFE - Limited Lifetime Warranty
Eddy Merckx Bikes are designed and built to withstand years of riding, without incident or accident. We test them in the toughest of conditions, and with the hardest of taskmasters; namely the professional cycling team at Quick-Step. Fortunately the team bikes past the test with flying colours, and it confirms what we know that the best demonstration of strength is that there are zero Quick-Step Team bike failures due to frame failure at the end of a hard season on the road. Eddy Merckx Cycles have so much belief in the quality of their frames that each new carbon model bought at a recognized Eddy Merckx dealer comes with a ‘Limited Lifetime Warranty’.
The warranty is only available for bicycles purchased from officially recognized dealers, and for the Limited Lifetime Warranty to remain valid, the frame must be inspected at least once a year by an official Eddy Merckx Cycles dealer. When claiming against the Limited Lifetime Warranty, you must present the original receipt of purchase. We recommend you keep a copy of your receipt inside theback cover of your passport.